I spent most of yesterday piecing together this block. It seemed that every time I had what I thought was just the right piece… it wasn’t! grin But I finally did get it together and have just begun to do the embellishing. The triange above the names and date has been done with long stitches from the long right side down to the bottom, then long stitches interwoven from right to left. The criss cross points are held with tiny single stitches to hold the grid in place. This will be the backdrop for the top of a floral piece.
I have tentatively decided to go with 9 blocks and do a wall hanging. For a larger view, click on the pic to go to my Flickr site.